DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can
be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s
possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by
the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
Altrincham & Bowdon Civic Society is the data controller (contact details – see page 4). This means
it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Altrincham & Bowdon Civic Society complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping
personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining
excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and
disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular
geographical area as specified in our constitution;
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
- To manage our employees, volunteers or supporters;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To send you legal notices and inform you of news, events and activities.
Follow Altrincham & Bowdon Civic Society